Situated in a serene rural setting in the historic community of Georgetown, just minutes from Bath, Maine, the Robinhood Free Meetinghouse has hosted many weddings over its 160 years and is ready for your event. The Meetinghouse is in the classic Greek Revival style and is a regionally rare example of a two-story meetinghouse. The building lends a graceful note to any special event.
The Meetinghouse offers two unique spaces for your event. Upstairs is a nondenominational sacred space. Seven towering windows bathe the space with ample, peaceful light. The ceiling soars over original pews and light fixtures. An historic organ provides the room with a vintage touch.
The first floor space is perfect for wedding and rehearsal meals – lunch, dinner, or brunch! The space is flexible and can be staged for seated or buffet-style events.
You and your guests will enjoy the exclusive, private use of the building during your event. We do not book more than one wedding or major event per week so we can give you our full attention. An onsite Meetinghouse representative to ensure your wedding runs smoothly is available during your event at all times.
Our unique space offers:
- An elegant, non-denominational chapel space for your ceremony with seating for up to 135 guests and featuring excellent virgin acoustics
- A reception room with seating for up to 65 guests or up to 85 guests with mixed seating set up
- Audio/Video equipment including modern sound system, video monitor, and projector and projection screen are available for your use
- In-house, professional catering optionally featuring locally sourced produce, meat, and seafood is available, or you can bring your own caterer – we work with a variety of caterers and vendors and are happy to help you plan your event
- Professional bartending service offering traditional and custom beverage options, including our Maine draft beer program. We’ll work with you to develop a customized bar service to fit your taste and budget.
- Plenty of onsite parking and space for outdoor activities available
- Close proximity to Reid State Park and the Derecktor Robinhood Marina
Contact us to set up a tour. You may also view our image gallery to get a feel for the space.
Looking for a coastal Maine wedding? Want to combine the coast with our rural setting? Explore our sister property Grey Havens Inn only a 10 minute drive away.