Situated in a serene rural setting in the historic community of Georgetown, just minutes from Bath, Maine, the Robinhood Free Meetinghouse has hosted many weddings over its 160 years and is ready for your event. The Meetinghouse is in the classic Greek Revival style and is a regionally rare example of a two-story meetinghouse. The building lends a graceful note to any special event.
The Meetinghouse offers two unique spaces for your event. Upstairs is a nondenominational sacred space. Seven towering windows bathe the space with ample, peaceful light. The ceiling soars over original pews and light fixtures. An historic organ provides the room with a vintage touch.
The first floor space is perfect for wedding and rehearsal meals – lunch, dinner, or brunch! The space is flexible and can be staged for seated or buffet-style events.
You and your guests will enjoy the exclusive, private use of the building during your event. We do not book more than one wedding or major event per week so we can give you our full attention. An onsite Meetinghouse representative to ensure your wedding runs smoothly is available during your event at all times.
Our unique space offers:
- An elegant, non-denominational chapel space for your ceremony with seating for up to 135 guests and featuring excellent virgin acoustics
- A reception room with seating for up to 65 guests or up to 85 guests with mixed seating set up
- Audio/Video equipment including modern sound system, video monitor, and projector and projection screen are available for your use
- In-house, professional catering optionally featuring locally sourced produce, meat, and seafood is available, or you can bring your own caterer – we work with a variety of caterers and vendors and are happy to help you plan your event
- Professional bartending service offering traditional and custom beverage options, including our Maine draft beer program. We’ll work with you to develop a customized bar service to fit your taste and budget.
- Plenty of onsite parking and space for outdoor activities available
- Close proximity to Reid State Park and the Derecktor Robinhood Marina
Contact us to set up a tour. You may also view our image gallery to get a feel for the space.
Looking for a coastal Maine wedding? Want to combine the coast with our rural setting? Explore our sister property Grey Havens Inn only a 10 minute drive away.
For weddings, we rent out the Meetinghouse for the day – reception and ceremony. The site fee includes the facility from 8 AM to 10:30 PM, parking, tables, chairs and the use of our professional kitchen for staging of catered food. Onsite professional catering, as well as tableware, flatware, and glassware are also available. Our fee ranges from $2,500 – $3,500 depending on the day of week and time of year and desired amenities. Contact us to take a tour and get started!
Staying in Georgetown
We do not offer lodgings, but nearby Bath offers full service hotels and we are connected to property owners all over beautiful Georgetown Island and we will be happy to provide options and references for you and your guests.
- Grey Havens – our sister property offers 13 rooms on the sea that can be bought as a block for wedding guests
Options in Georgetown within a five minute drive or 15 minute walk include:
- Island Alchemy – cottage with amazing hosts just up the street from the Meetinghouse.
- Tides End Farm – on beautiful Robinhood Cove a short drive away
- Riggs Cove Rentals – houseboats on the Cove! Three houseboats sleeping 4-6. Two minute drive, 10 minute walk once you get to land
- Seguin Tree Dwellings – newest addition to the Robinhood Cove area. Now with a wood fired hot tub and views of the Back River
- Back River Bend Cottages – couple minutes away located in Back River Marina
- Seacoast Vacation Rentals – Ask for Sarah, she’ll set you up at any one of her unique properties around the island!
Slightly longer drive (approx. 10 minutes):
Bath area Hotels – Hampton Inn and Residence Inn
We have rules in place to protect the historic character of the building. Please contact us to learn more about our rental policies.
- If you choose not use us as the caterer, our kitchen is available to your approved caterer.
- Bar service is provided by Robinhood Free Meetinghouse. We work with you to develop a customized bar service to fit your taste and budget.
- We love decorations – generally we are open to anything that doesn’t involve nails or fire but they do need to be easy to remove at the end of the night.
- Our dining room can seat up to 65 guests with chairs and tables provided. The property has parking for guests.
- Georgetown’s noise ordinance states that live bands cease playing at 10 PM. All other forms of music may be turned down to a lower volume until 11 PM.
- Event insurance is required for all ceremonies and receptions and must be provided at least 30 days prior to the event. Robinhood Free Meetinghouse must be listed as Additionally Insured.
- All vendors servicing your event must be licensed and insured.