Merry Acres III: Red Beans & Rice w/ Jane Clukey & Asher Barreras
June 27, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Red Beans & Rice is coming with their blues jams. They’ll be preceded by local songstress Jane Clukey backed up by Asher Barreras on the bass.
Red Beans & Rice is an acoustic duo playing an entertaining and engaging mix of blues, old and new. Mr. Rice (Carter Ruff) plays slide guitar and has been known to howl at the moon. “Red” Beans (Dave Hunt) is a gentler fellow with a touch on the guitar that is sweetly complex, and a voice as smooth as butter on a slow burn.
Mr. Hunt is the proprietor of Vinylhaven Records and Finest Kind Electronics in Brunswick, Maine where you can peruse and spend every dollar you have on fine vintage audio gear – turntables, radios and more! – and records — both vinyl and shellac. Mr. Hunt can also bee seen performing with the Blues Buzzards.
Mr. Ruff is also the luthier behind Subterranean Music Works in Bath, Maine, where he builds fine custom guitars. Both “Red” Beans and Rice play one-of-a-kind guitars built at Subterranean Music Works. Mr. Ruff also plays guitar, mandolin and clarinet in the Half Moon Jug Band.
Special Treat! Jane Clukey and Asher Barreras will open the night with a mix of American Songbook and originals.
Picnic dinner is a grilled 1/2 lobster with tarragon cream or for the veggies an Impossible burger with pesto mayo, grilled little potatoes, veggie orzo salad, and lemon bars.
Dinner and the show is $37 tax and tip included. Show only is $12.50. Drink tickets should be purchased in advance to reduce touching – $2.50 a ticket. Beers are $5, Wine and premium beers $7.50 and bottles of wine $30.
What to expect
- Attendance at the event is limited to 40 attendees max.
- Check in with us let us know you’ve arrived and, if purchased pick up your drink tickets.
- Select your safety circle and settle in. We’ve painted circles across the yard to make it easy for you to keep your distance. We have a few tables but recommend you bring your festival lawn chairs and tables – have fun with it!
- To get your drinks, approach the drinks table 1 at a time and keep your social distancing. Bring your own water. Potable water will not be available.
- When your dinner is ready, we’ll give you a shout and you’ll pick up your meal at the service table. We are going 100% disposable (compostable as much as possible).
- We encourage you to bring your own silverware and glasses (we are hoping to have some fun ones to buy this summer) to keep the landfill waste down. We will disinfect the serving table after each pick up.
- A lovely porta-potty with a handwash station, and hand sanitizer is available you have need.
- We will be wearing masks while working and conforming to the state’s recommendations for restaurants. Read the Promise.
Our commitment to you & yours to us
We want to assure you, that nothing is more important than the your safety and we will continue to uphold the highest standards for our cleaning and sanitation protocols to achieve this goal – we don’t want the COVID cooties either! We will be following the state’s recommended procedures and continue to monitor the situation and will modify our approach as needed.
We ask that you abide by your responsibilities as guests: wear a mask when not in your circle, practice distancing (2 fathoms please!), and have patience. We are running a very small staff.