The Merry Acre II: Nancy Sferra & Carter Ruff
June 20 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Nancy Sferra and Carter Ruff will play solo sets this Saturday at the Acre!
Nancy Sferra is a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter living in Bath. Her inspiration comes from found poems – snatches of overheard conversation, notes from a discarded journal, objects, lines from books or other texts, and photographs and has two CDs of original music, Smoke and Bone and Hardened Ground. Listen Here!
Carter Ruff plays various instruments and is said to howl at the moon, when he is not fashioning string instruments in his luthier’s shop, Subterranean Music Works in Bath. He is also part of the acoustic trio, Red Beans & Rice, which plays blues, americana, and even a little funk, with fellow musicians Dave Hunt and David Rawson
Picnic dinner this week is a haute dog! We’re serving up a giant quarter pound dog with your choice of topping – either CHICAGO style, with tomato, relish, mustard, celery salt, popy seeds, onion, pickle, and sporty peppers or a housemade southwestern CHILI CHEESE. Vegetarians, you’ll go Chicago style with a plant dog. Your dog comes with a tatertot casserole, green beans with mustard vinagrette and walnuts, and cake for dessert! You can order an extra dog to go all the way! Wine, beer, and sodas will be available.
Show tickets: $10
Dinner & show: $35 includes tax & gratuity
Drink tickets are available for pre-purchase to make it easy to stay contactless – no money to handle. You can save your unused tickets for use at future shows. We’ll also take credit card and cash (no change made) onsite if you aren’t sure. Tickets are sold in are sold in $2.50 increments. Price points for your reference: Beer (eg Baxter Stowaways) $5, premium tallboys (eg Thirsty Botanist) $7.50, wines $7.5.
And hey, no outside food or drinks, except water please.
What to expect
- Attendance at the event is limited to 40 attendees max.
- Check in with us let us know you’ve arrived and, if purchased pick up your drink tickets.
- Select your safety circle and settle in. We’ve painted circles across the yard to make it easy for you to keep your distance. We have a few tables but recommend you bring your festival lawn chairs and tables – have fun with it!
- To get your drinks, approach the drinks table 1 at a time and keep your social distancing. Bring your own water. Potable water will not be available.
- When your dinner is ready, we’ll give you a shout and you’ll pick up your meal at the service table. We are going 100% disposable (compostable as much as possible).
- We encourage you to bring your own silverware and glasses (we are hoping to have some fun ones to buy this summer) to keep the landfill waste down. We will disinfect the serving table after each pick up.
- A lovely porta-potty with a handwash station, and hand sanitizer is available you have need.
- We will be wearing masks while working and conforming to the state’s recommendations for restaurants. Read the Promise.
Our commitment to you & yours to us
We want to assure you, that nothing is more important than the your safety and we will continue to uphold the highest standards for our cleaning and sanitation protocols to achieve this goal – we don’t want the COVID cooties either! We will be following the state’s recommended procedures and continue to monitor the situation and will modify our approach as needed.
We ask that you abide by your responsibilities as guests: wear a mask when not in your circle, practice distancing (2 fathoms please!), and have patience. We are running a very small staff.