Merry Acres V: Gus La Casse with Mathias Kamin
July 18 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Gus’ fiddle frenzy is back!!
Gus La Casse is coming back to Georgetown.
A tremendous folk fiddler, Gus has been a frequent guest of the Meetinghouse. A folk fiddler with both speed and savage energy, his repertoire reflects his innovative spirit and dedication to the Cape Breton and Acadian fiddle traditions, playing both standards of the genre and his original material. He knows how to get folks dancing in the aisles.
He’s coming this year with his frequent playing partner Mathias Kamin. You can catch Gus and sometimes Mathias’ act on FB live where they have been keeping everyone’s spirits up during quarantine with frequent performances!
Picnic Dinner: For Gus, we’re pulling out all the stops with a Trip to the other side – A beef or impossible burger with a horsey, sweet Thai chili sauce, miso-carmelized onions, and cooper american cheese with sesame pickles, 5-spiced peach & raspberry salad, and coconut cake.
Dinner and the show is $35 tax and tip included. Show only is $10.00. Drink tickets should be purchased in advance to reduce touching – $2.50 a ticket. Beers are $5, Wine and premium beers $7.50 and bottles of wine $30.
What to expect
- Attendance at the event is limited to 40 attendees max.
- Check in with us let us know you’ve arrived and, if purchased pick up your drink tickets.
- Select your safety circle and settle in. We’ve painted circles across the yard to make it easy for you to keep your distance. We have a few tables but recommend you bring your festival lawn chairs and tables – have fun with it!
- To get your drinks, approach the drinks table 1 at a time and keep your social distancing. Bring your own water. Potable water will not be available.
- When your dinner is ready, we’ll give you a shout and you’ll pick up your meal at the service table. We are going 100% disposable (compostable as much as possible).
- We encourage you to bring your own silverware and glasses (we are hoping to have some fun ones to buy this summer) to keep the landfill waste down. We will disinfect the serving table after each pick up.
- A lovely porta-potty with a handwash station, and hand sanitizer is available you have need.
- We will be wearing masks while working and conforming to the state’s recommendations for restaurants. Read the Promise.
Our commitment to you & yours to us
We want to assure you, that nothing is more important than the your safety and we will continue to uphold the highest standards for our cleaning and sanitation protocols to achieve this goal – we don’t want the COVID cooties either! We will be following the state’s recommended procedures and continue to monitor the situation and will modify our approach as needed.
We ask that you abide by your responsibilities as guests: wear a mask when not in your circle, practice distancing (2 fathoms please!), and have patience. We are running a very small staff.